Sunday, February 8, 2015

My First Purchace and DIY Chalk Paint Table

Last update for today...I think!  :)
 
This is my very first project completed.  Bought off of a Facebook yardsale site for $30.00.  It is a table handcrafted in Mexico and had a lot of water damage on the top...something about a college party that needed a table in the rain...crazy college kids!!  lol  I sanded as best I could and actually decided I liked the tattered look of it so I stained the top and painted the skirt and legs in a DIY chalk paint color I got from my brother (it helps when you're brother in in the painting business himself ;)) then clear and dark waxed the piece to distress.  I love it and even though it's way to big for my little living room...it's found it's home!!! 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment